Want to use your Windows Phone as USB drive, the way it used to be in pre-Windows Phone 7 devices? Follow this guide on your computer. Update – there is a simple app that makes this job much easier.
1. Open Windows Registry Editor by typing regedit in your start menu
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB
3. Perform a search for ZuneDriver
1. The search should yield a result similar to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\VID_045E&PID_04EC&MI_00\6&27ffd631&0&0000\Devic e Parameters\WUDF
4. Click up one level to the Device Parameters key
5. Change ShowInShell from 0 to 1
6. Change PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell from 1 to 0
7. Change EnableLegacySupport from 0 to 1
8. Change EnableDefaultAutoPlaySupport
Don’t forget to close the Zune software if it opens when you connect your phone.
You can use this USB Drive Enabler tool. Download it from here or here (megaupload).
Also check out: