Microsoft has made a weird decision of not including Outlook syncing. Users of Windows Mobile 6.5 and earlier versions are bound to get confused as there is no Activesync or Mobile Center for Windows Phone. So, how to get your Outlook contacts to your new shiny WP7 device? Here is how:
1) Make a new Gmail account
2) Then download Google Calendar Sync Tool (link given below)
3) Download GO Contact Sync Mod (link given below). Make sure you enter something in the profile name.
4) Now open Google calendar app and sync it. Then open Go Contact Sync Mod app and click on sync. Give it some time to upload your contacts. It took ~5-6 minutes to upload 550 contacts of mine. Slow, I know.
5) Now, sync your WP7 with Google. Go to Settings>email & accounts> and add your account.
More WP7 Tips
In case you are moving from an iPhone / Windows Mobile 6 / Blackberry / Android, first sync your contacts with Outlook and then export to Google Contacts using aforementioned method.Search Terms: 6 5 windows phone will not sync with outlook 2013
Follow me on Twitter and Subscribe via RSS
- Sync Outlook 2013 Contacts to Windows Phone
- Make Ringtone for Windows Phone on Mac
- Error: This Windows Live ID has been used on too many phones
- Sync Windows Live Contacts with Windows Phone
- Windows Phone Battery Life: How to Improve it [Tips]