Here are the steps on how to developer unlock your WP7 device:
- Install Windows Phone 7 Developer tools. This will require a reboot at the end.
- Email the “ChevronWP7.cer” file to your Windows Phone 7 device.
- Open the email, tap on the attachment to download it. The icon will turn into a shield, tap again to get a new dialog. Press “Install” then OK.
- Put your WP7 Phone into airplane mode (Settings>Airplane mode>Slide the toggle to ON)
- Double click the ChevronWP7.reg file on your computer. A prompt will open up asking if you want to write this to your registry. Press Yes to continue, then OK at the end.
- Open TCPView. (tcpview.exe inside of the downloaded archive) Click on the heading marked “Local Port” until the arrow next to it is pointing up.
- Look on the Local Port column for any entries labeled “HTTPS”. These programs MUST be closed for Chevron to work properly. Common culprits are Skype, and XAMPP. Use Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+Delete) to ensure they are closed if you run into issues.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable. Open the Zune software if it is not already open, and wait for it to finish syncing.
- Open your Zune software and go to the Phone page, and make SURE you don’t see anything that denotes that you are in a “Guest Sync” relationship with the device. It needs to be the primary computer the phone is synced with.
- Unlock your phone and leave it at the home screen. Make sure the phone does not go to sleep after this.
- Open ChevronWP7.exe. It should be running as administrator. Check both boxes, and press Unlock.
- Cross your fingers, and you should be up and running on a developer unlocked device! (The Unlock button will change to Relock in Chevron if this is successful)
Category : WP7
windows phone developer unlock | February 07, 2011
Follow me on Twitter and Subscribe via RSS