Custom Ringtones will be made available in the WP7 Mango update (Windows Phone 7.5) but what if you wanted to set your favorite song as ringtone before that? There is a way to do that. In fact, I posted about getting custom ringtones on your WP7 phone way back in December last year. Now, there is a much more polished way of getting it done – RingRing7.
Here are its features:
* Simple drag and drop operation – just drag a media file onto it
* Converts virtually any format to the required WMA one, even takes audio out of video files
* Supports trimming the incoming file to the desired length
* One-click deployment to the device
* Open source – improve it if you want
Of course, to get it on your phone, you will need a unlocked device. Feel free to follow my WP7 unlock guide to unlock your Windows Phone.